? 600 Genovese Basil Seeds - Heirloom, Non-GMO
- 1 gram of basil seeds (approx. 600 seeds). Non-GMO heirloom seeds. USA Grown. Germination rate: 88%.
- Grow your own fresh basil for basil chicken, bruschetta, pesto sauce, or homemade pizza. Basil microgreens seeds for planting or microgreens.
- Sow and grown your own outdoor or indoor herb garden with these basil seeds, from garden to your kitchen ingredients.
- Plant and watch them grow in gardens, garden raised beds, fabric pots, planters & more
- Seed Depth: 1/4". Plant Spacing: 3-4". Thin to: 9-12". Row Distance: 18".Germination temperature: 70-80 °F
- Pruning the plants before they set flowers will keep the plant producing fresh leaves throughout the season. Prune about once a month. A shot of liquid nitrogen fertilizer, at pruning time, if your soil is not particularly fertile, will help the plants recover. Eat basil often and dry or freeze leaves throughout the summer.
- Make your final harvest before the first frost of fall, as the plant will not survive the cold.
- Vigorous, tall-growing, large-leaved basil is a must in any pesto. Can grow up to 2' tall with leaves 1-2" wide. During the summer when we have a surplus of basil we will make our pesto, freeze it in ice cube trays and then remove them to store in a freezer container. This is a perfect way to get pesto even during the dreariest days of winter.
- Basil seeds are considered summer vegetable seeds. Perfect herb seeds for planting in warm weather or aero garden seed pods.
- It can also be stared indoors 6-8 weeks prior to final frost with peat moss, seed starter soil, potting soil even garden soil in plant pot. Then transplant outdoors.